1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Website suggestions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by indigo987, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. indigo987

indigo987 New commenter

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for a good value platform we could use for hosting our school website. I'm the computing coordinator and lead on maintaining our current website, with a blog etc and lots of information for parents. I moved all the content over a few years ago to Microsoft Sharepoint, but have just found out that the option to run a public website from it for free is being withdrawn.
    Who hosts/ designs your school website? Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

2. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

3. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

We use contentcaretaker.co.uk. The hosting and set up costs were about £1200 but it is very easy to add new content. There is an annual hosting charge.

I would recommend that you look at as many as you can to find a style that you like and then contact the company who built it.

4. Trekkie

Trekkie Occasional commenter

5. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

Most schools I work in use Primarysite - I've just started working for a company that build them too -MGLWORLD

6. Stillstayingjohnson

Stillstayingjohnson Occasional commenter

eschools are decent.

Can blog, PM/converse with students, set up online discussions with your class, set and mark homework etc. Which is quite useful on top of the usual stuff.

7. ashleysummer

ashleysummer New commenter

Hi there! I've stumbled on this thread accidentally. I'm also surfing the web in search of a suitable solution for my website. Initially I was leaning towards using a premium WordPress theme. But I found out that building your store with WordPress, requires to be fairly technical. To cut long story short, WordPress requires time and energy to maintain all the technicalities of operating a website. On the Web I found this article on 15 best free website builders . I also read a few discussion articles comparing website builders and WordPress. I guess, I'll stick with something more user friendly like Weebly or Wix.

8. drvs

drvs Star commenter

9. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

Weebly.com. It's brilliant. The free package gives you everything you need and it's incredibly easy to set up.