1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Website Advice

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Faheey, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Faheey

Faheey New commenter

Our school website is what I would call ok ... and more than a little out of date. I am looking to see whether the cost of buying in services to revamp, or recreate our school website is worth it. I've had a look around at a number of companies and they're quoting about £1000 per year. I would love to know what other primary schools have done and how they have achieved an 'effective' website ... is it better to buy in, or manage your own?

2. Faheey

Faheey New commenter

Our school website is what I would call ok ... and more than a little out of date. I am looking to see whether the cost of buying in services to revamp, or recreate our school website is worth it. I've had a look around at a number of companies and they're quoting about £1000 per year. I would love to know what other primary schools have done and how they have achieved an 'effective' website ... is it better to buy in, or manage your own?

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Manage your own and use something like joomla to do it. That's what we use and the site is simply managed by someone in the office that has no web design experience. If you want a hand setting it up I am sure one of the network team at my place could help you out