1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School visits

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by djdpod, Nov 10, 2011.

1. I'm going to visit a school later this week and wondered what the top tips are. I want to glean information for my application, as well as get a feel for the school but I'm aware to count it as part of the first selection process.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Dress smartly. Don't ask fatuous questions and only ask a question to which you genuinely want to know the answer. Smile, but don't be over-bearing. If there are opportunities to talk to any children, do so.
    But do try to be yourself and not the person you think the head wants. Good luck with it.

3. I offended a Head last week[​IMG] Diversity and cultural awareness were a huge part of my training so, because of the location of the school, I asked if there was a diverse intake. The Headteacher went into a rant about children being children and that in her school all children were treated the same. I didn't get an interview.