1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Visit!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by tkteach2010, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am starting a PGCE Secondary Maths in Sept. and I am required by my institution to carry out a 5days school visit. Could you please advise on questions I should be asking and what to look out for. A final report from the visit will be sent to my institution.
    Please help!!!

Thank you.

2. mypseudonym

mypseudonym New commenter

I am starting my PGCE in September also (Secondary ICT) and I have to do 5 days primary school experience - not teaching but observing and just helping out if I can...my uni has given us guidelines of what we should be looking at.
    ...all i have to get from the primary school for my ITT provider is a form signed confirming the dates I was there (and any other comments if they wish)...just so long as the provider has a confirmation that i completed the 5 days that's enough.

As part of my conditional offer I had to do 5 days in a secondary school. I just spent 5 days observing differnent classes through all age-groups. I was interested to see different types of lessons and paid particular attention to how different teachers managed the behaviour of their classes very differently - I'm sure some of what I seen that week will greatly influence how I manage my classes.
    I also got to witness how teachers deal with a problem pupil...from her acting up in class, that teacher speaking with her year head, then the year head making a plan of action to deal with her behaviour.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yes I just sign an attendance form, that is all. Some don't even require that.