1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Visit!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by tkteach2010, May 31, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have a school visit scheduled as criteria for starting Training in September 2011.
    Could anyone please advise on what questions I should be asking the Head of dept, Maths Teachers and Students.

Thank you.

2. Hi
    I am pleased to see that you are going into a school and are able to discuss educational issues. Should you already have a place on a teacher training course, use the opportunity to ask about any areas of concern which you may have. For example, you may wish to ask teachers about lesson planning, learning and teaching styles, syllabi, subject knowledge or classroom management.
    Students could be asked what they enjoy and don't enjoy and how they learn best whereas HoDs would know more about support functions within the school, timetabling or career progression .
    If you are yet to attend your interview, use the time to get answers to queries which you may be asked. Have a look at the interactive interview on the TDA website for inspiration.
    I hope you enjoy your course and go on to a successful teaching career.
    Stephen Hillier, TDA