1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Trips

Discussion in 'School trips' started by 201, Dec 29, 2011.

1. 201

I'm trying to organise a trip in the summer term for a week. A bit of adventure and a bit of holiday.Can anybody reccomend any good companies or successful trips that they have organised?
    Preferably in Europe!

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

It may help if you give some more details. eg age group, numbers in group, where you are in the UK and where in Europe you would consider. Also when you say 'adventure' what sort of thing do you have in mind? You could do an all in package in a French chateau or you could mean in tents on the side of an alp!

3. v12

v12

I run an activity trip to the Ardèche every year.
    Always brilliant fun, and a great way to spend the first 10 days of the Summer holidays.
    I take about 50 children of mostly 13yo (some at 12yo) and use the Acorn Adventures company who have always been very good for us.
    The cost this year is just over £600 per child with free places for staff.
    The activities are extremely well run and include a descent of the Ardèche river over two days.

4. Hi there,
    There is a fantastic place near Limoges that combines both activity and fun.
    Give Schools Into Europe a call as they arr arranged it before and it was a very good price per student.
    All the best.

5. How about coming to visit us in Edinburgh? There's loads to do and lots of places you can hire exclusively - meaning that there are no other guests in the accommodation.

Let me know if you need more info.