1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School trips and travel sickness

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Loony tunes, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

I've never suffered with travel sickness myself but how long do tablets work for? If they took a tablet just before school wouldn't it still be working for the return journey?
    I've got tough this year. After a particularly nasty experience one day, I now phone a particular mother before a trip and practically order/beg her to give her child a tablet before we go anywhere.

2. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Get mum to write an appropriately worded letter giving you explicit permission to administer medication. The poor kid! And - from a sufferer, I don't know why sitting on newspaper works, but it

3. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

Travel sickness pills usually last for about 6 hours. We have a child who has managed well on 2 trips this year with a single dose first thing in the morning.

4. My own daughter always had to wear her travel bands and they do work but you must ensure that the bead is in the correct place on their wrist as they won't work if it twists. We found them marvelous she couldn't even travel 5 miles without them.

5. The most basic advice is to allow the child to sit at the front, eyes front, and try and keep them occuppied, songs rhymes etc not counting the number of things you can see either side! Be careful what you allow the child to eat as well, plain is best. I know how ill this poor child must have felt! Another thought....don't go on about the subject before hand!

6. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

How do you go on with children who are asthmatic or diabetic?