1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School trips after Brexit

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Geoff Thomas, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

And that means the ones we start planning during the next academic year.

Obviously those trips entirely within the UK or entirely outwith the EU will not be affected. But for those, and I imagine it's a large number of trips each year to destinations in other EU countries, it looks as though there could be a greatly increased burden for the organisers.

1. Will the ability to use group passports continue?

2. Will the ability to include non-EU/non-UK citizens in a group by means of a List of Travellers continue?

3. Might each participant need to complete an electronic visa-waiver such as that now required by the USA?

And most important, do we imagine that anybody presently negotiating even knows there might be a problem?

2. pbatty

pbatty New commenter

I would be interested in any replies as I am organising a school trip to Europe for May 2019.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I'm sure I went on several school trips to Europe before we were a member. They were fun. However back then it was possible to get a one year visitors passport.

4. Geoff Thomas

5. Geoff Thomas

It looks as though air travel will continue even in the event of a no-deal Brexit:

Blog post