1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School trip when pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by spaghetti_l, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. spaghetti_l

spaghetti_l New commenter

Just wondering if anyone had taken pupils away on a residential trip when they were pregnant? I am 12 weeks now and have not told school yet although I will before Easter.
    By the time of the trip I would be about 26 weeks, would I be allowed to go or are they likely just to say no on risk assessment?
    There is only 10 pupils - myself and another member of staff and it for 2 nights taking pupils to compete in a national event about a 6 hour drive away.

Any info would be great!

Thanks!

2. dt201

dt201 Occasional commenter

Unless you are at risk of falling over, being hit by something etc then I don't see why they would say no. I'm 26 weeks and would fine going on a residential trip at the mo. It might be a good idea to have a person on stand by in case nearer the time you didn't feel up to it for some reason. I don't know if there are any rules for this or not though.

3. Mazod

Mazod Occasional commenter

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and going away this weekend to choir camp with a group of pupils. No one has said anything about it.