1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School trip to China

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by sibspea, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,
    I'm planning a school trip (MFL) to Beijing next year for about a week, and was wondering if anyone could give some feedback on travel agencies they have previously worked with, any recommendations would be extremely helpful! Thanks so much

2. Yes, a trip to China. Finally, someone who, like me, can see the importance of this nation and its language. Forget French and German. Get learning Chinese and Japanese! Go to China; go to Japan. The future is now!

3. I cannot go to China or Japan. Having been diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis in 2006 after major surgery, long-haul flights are considered too risky and no one will insure me.
    Regards
    Graham Davies

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Anyone else noticed how, apart from ranting about the importance of Chinese and Japanese and the rubbishness of anything else on offer, hikochan doesn't actually seem to offer anything useful? I distinctly recall a request for Chinese schemes of work posted a week ago, to which he didn't reply, and now a request for help in organising/finding an organiser for a trip to China, again not answered. Is hikochan an actual real person, or a computer programme set up by the Chinese government to spread its propaganda? Last I checked, this forum was somewhere where people could get an answer to their questions/requests for help and advice.
    [​IMG]

5. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

My thoughts exactly, noemie.

6. I know of a school who went with STS and loved it - they took 40+ pupils and stayed in Beijing then went (by train) to Xian. I have their itineray here and will be showing it to my hod this week - it looks fantastic. They were there 8 days in total including the travelling.
    Please let us know how yours go - I would love to organise one too. Will you be organising it as a cross curricular trip or just for MFL?