1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Trip ideas

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kes1978, Feb 28, 2017.

1. kes1978

kes1978 New commenter

Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions as to where to take a group of 60 Reception children for a trip to link in with a 'Seaside/Water/Pirates' topic somewhere close to the Leeds area. As much as I'd love to take them to the 'actual' sea-side I accept that the journey would be too long. Does anyone have any good ideas for somewhere I could take them in West Yorkshire - or within say 45 min drive of Leeds? All suggestions appreciated!

2. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

I'm sorry to say that your lack of replies reflects the fact that your topic isn't really one to link to a school visit, bearing in mind that you are a long way from the sea. Perhaps a different topic in the summer term might be the answer. However, there's such a lot you can do in the classroom on your seaside/water/pirates theme so don't feel disheartened!

3. May2

May2 Established commenter

In my old school they had 'A day at the Beach' at school. I know it is not quite the same as a trip but they seemed to have a good day. They waited until later in the term and luckily had good weather. They already had a large sandpit in EYFS that at least a dozen children could use, parents lent paddling pools. They changed into swimwear, had a time when they could use their water pistols, super soakers etc. They hired a candy floss machine and booked a Punch and Judy show which many children had never seen before. There was a nice grassy area to use and the children all brought a special picnic and they had ice lollies at the end. I think they probably had a few other activities that I can't remember now. When they first did it I thought some people would complain that they weren't actually going out anywhere but it seemed to work and was repeated a couple of years later.
    Parents paid a voluntary contribution towards the Punch and Judy but we were lucky as our PTA contributed towards each class 'trip'