1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School trip ideas

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Tinkercat, Feb 23, 2010.

1. I have been told that I have to organise a trip for 30 students (Year 7-10) in the Summer term. It has to be over 1-2 days.

It is part of our activities week. It can be pretty much anywhere (cheap as possible).

Has anyone got any good ideas? Could get into London.

Thanks.

2. Apart fropm all the obvious free museums ans possibly a show (wicked & avenue Q) consider Ripleys belive it or not museum.

(Or legoland, I love that place)

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Is it residential? Where are you based?

4. It's not residential. Based in Hillingdon.

5. Thanks for the Ripleys idea. I've just had a look on the website and it looks really good. Have you been?

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Siorry, can't really help you then as I am Midlands based.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Having said that English heritage sites are usually free to pre booked school groups.

8. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

What about the Hillingdon outdoor activity centre at Harefield? www.hoac.net

9. How about 02 British Music Experience - £5 per student & free workshops + free coach parking

10. samd

samd New commenter

London Zoo is a good day out.
    Go Ape is also amazing.
    I'm also arranging a day out to the 02 Arena for the Transformation Trust 1st Birthday - free tickets, so you just have to arrange the transport. http://www.transformationtrust.org.uk/eventcontent.asp
    Their are some good facilities up in Stratford Upon Avon at their numerous educational hostels.

12. Once there Tube/transport is really cheap for groups. Our kids, mostly boys, enjoyed the RAF Museum and HMS Belfast, both free for pupils. O2 have free inspection visits for teachers. Ripley's looked good but was too expensive for us.

13. OEA

OEA

If you are in Hillingdon Your Outdoor Education Adviser is Mike Penny : 020 8850 1581 mike.penny@widehorizons.org.uk
    Mike can help regarding any visit issues.
    Outdoor Advisers can be found for most LA's via : www.oeap.info Find an Adviser.

14. you have probably organised something by now but for future...I went to school in hillingdon and we went to cwm pennant in snowdonia - does the lea still own that? it was great

15. Hi,
    Our 'Trips / Visits' page on Innovate My School may help.
    If anyone has been on the trips that are listed, we would really appreciate a quick review as this will help the site grow into a powerful research tool for all schools to benefit from.
    Thanks,
    Mike

16. rmcwil

rmcwil New commenter

HMS Belfast. free for pupils followed by a tour of tower bridge for about £3 per child.
    we took 30 pupils on a train from essex for the day at a cost of £11 pounds each.

17. I recommend http://www.wsttravel.com/ for school trips. I used them for French Language trip to Paris and they were really good and planned out trip exceptionally well.

18. Does no-one plan trips as a response to certain learning outcomes? No trip is ever a waste of time - there is learning. But should we not be intentional about these things, and consider what learning we can integrate or extend beyond the 9-3 of the classroom walls?