1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Trip Cote d'azur

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by hola33, Apr 30, 2011.

1. hola33

hola33 New commenter

Hi Everyone,

After my first successful trip to Spain this year, I am keen to start planning next year's Easter visit. This year I would like to do a trip to France. Near to where I am based (newcastle) there are direct flights to Nice and Paris. Students already have the opportunity to visit Paris in a trip offered by another department, I am therefore keen to offer something different. I just wondered if anyone had organised a school trip with 13-16 yr olds to the Nice area of France. Has anyone got any particular suggestions for visits? Any nice student friendly resort areas (close to a beach so the kids can let off steam in the evenings) woud be great. We also like to have the last day has a visit to a theme park. Am I right in thinking that the closest one is OK Corral?

Many Thanks in advance

2. Hi. Well I've organised many a trip to the south of France and there are plenty of really good days out to be had. We used to take a coach down there but then recently have been using the TGV. I have always used STS to arrange things and this was particularly useful with the TGV because we pick the coach up in Nice and of course we have a French coach driver and they generally know more about the ins and outs of a trip. Are you using a company or planning it yourself?

3. hola33

hola33 New commenter

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I will be using a company - much easy! Cureently getting quotes from STS and NSt etc. I'm keen to know where you are normally based (ie: in Nice itself) or somewhere nearby? Are there any particular visits that you would recommend?