1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School trip companies

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Francinette-UK, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Francinette-UK

Francinette-UK New commenter

Hello everyone,

Did anyone organize a trip to Spain with a company? I just need some tips please
    I would like to organize a trip to Spain ( Barcelona 5 days 4 nights full board accomodation)
    I have spoken to the head of department and I must use a school trip company.

I received some quotes from ( NST and school into Europe and study trip) but the head of department thinks that it's expensive and students will not be able to afford it.
    Also she said that it is better to go for full board accomodation so that once the trip is paid parents will just have to give spending money to their children
    ( The cheaper quote is £519 with the excursions ( nou camp las ramblas l'aquarium and portaventura...)

Many thanks

2. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

I've only ever organised theatre trips or the school ski trip. If you think £519 is too expensive, you have two options: make the trip two or three days to reduce cost or release an expression of interest letter to parents and gauge the response. Full board is always less hassle. NST are a reputable company and I've had successful trips with them in the past.
    Good luck.

3. Francinette-UK

Francinette-UK New commenter

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply I will speak to my head of department and see if we can release an expression of interest letter.
    It is a good idea thank you very much

Regards

cate_h likes this.
  4. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Sorry for the delay in responding - I suggest you send a copy of your proposed programme, dates, numbers of students and staff, and your approximate location (for best choice of airports) to
    spain@culturetrails.co.uk If you have a budget in mind, you could mention that, too.

5. GirlGremlin

GirlGremlin Occasional commenter

Europe for schools

6. GirlGremlin

GirlGremlin Occasional commenter

NST Travel

7. flick161

flick161 New commenter

It really depends upon what time of year you go. Barcelona prices start from £350 (real bare bones) to £550 depending upon time of year.
    I always recommend before Easter as this is a nice time to go, but still cheap if budget is an issue.