1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Sports Day

Discussion in 'School trips' started by kanddd, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Yes of course it makes a difference. If no parents are there you have different safety/safeguarding issues.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Are you primary?

Do you have parentsd in for other events such as nativity plays etc? What do you do then?

Can you get the PTA nvolved, they will know the parents best.

Perhaps a roped off spectators area on the field for family members.

3. v12

v12

I can't see why it needs to.
    The parents drop off and pick up their children every day. I see and chat to a lot of the parents on a daily basis. They chat to each other every morning and evening. They are a vital and valuable part of the school.
    We have parents at every function and event. If their child is there - they are there supporting.
    We do open mornings, swimming galas, concerts, productions, sports fixtures, camping weekends.
    Every week of every term the calendar is stuffed with sporting fixtures, music events and activities at which we expect - and welcome - the parents.
    I have never seen the fact that parents attend these things written in as a consideration in the risk assessments.