1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Social Worker jobs abroad

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by austin_jen, Sep 8, 2019.

1. austin_jen

austin_jen New commenter

Hello,
    I'm an experienced School Social Worker (over 12 years, I have my Masters, and I'm licensed in the US) and I've just started the process of looking for international jobs. Are social workers used in international schools? I've found a handful of school counseling jobs and decided to apply. I feel my background matched the requirements fairly well except for the fact that I am a social worker and they are looking for a counselor. Any directions or input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jen

2. february31st

february31st Established commenter

School counselor would be a better option to look at. Many countries by law stipulate the employment of a counselor in every school to manage students mental healthcare and wellness.

Mr_Frosty likes this.
  3. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

I think that's good advice from Feb31st - I met a counselor at an event run by an American international school here last year and got to talking to them in the bar afterwards and they loved their job and found it very rewarding.