1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Report format??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mitchelld, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Hi all,

We have been using Report Assist for the last 6 years but we are currently looking at other means as we find it very impersonal. As a school we have decided with parents that we will just provide one single A4 sheet with comments per child. I have been surfing around trying to find different examples of report formats without success! Is there anyone out there that would be prepared to send me a copy of what their school uses so I can take it back to the Senior Management Team for discussion? If there is anyone who would be kind enough, please send it to David Mitchell : mitchteach@btinternet.com

Many thanks
    David

2. If you can't help in the above way, I would appreciate any help in what you think you would write into a search engine to find any examples??

report to parents? forms/proformas?
    Annual school reports?

Any suggestions as I am just going round in circles??

Thanks
    David

3. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

That is weird - I've virtually written the same message!! The East Ridings website has an assessment section and they have a pretty good format - we're still wanting to look at other samples though. Its the same thing with us - we're fed up of Report Assist and all the other software is pretty much the same!

4. nmason

nmason New commenter

You have mail. Hope it is of some use. We are trying a slim line version this year, after surveying the parents last year. We are writing full comments for the core subjects and effort grades and brief comments for foundation subjects. It has been much easier to write as you don't end up spending hours trying not to write the same comment for the foundation subjects.

5. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

6. nmason

nmason New commenter

You have mail!

7. T34

T34 Established commenter

There's a sample report using tick-boxes for the foundation subjects at

http://plvideo.com/newpage3.html

In this example, the comments under the tick-boxes just say what has been covered during the year and are put in 'by machine'.

The system allows you to design your own reports, so you can have tick boxes where and when you like, comments or not as you wish.
    For comments, you can have statement banks, write then or a combination.