1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Production....

Discussion in 'Primary' started by BE2BN2BE, Dec 2, 2019 at 4:04 PM.

1. BE2BN2BE

BE2BN2BE New commenter

Hi all,
    We want to put on a mini version of the 'Greatest Showman' as our end of year production. I will write a new script and we were going to use karaoke backing tracks for 4/5 songs. Question is, does anyone know anything about licensing for this sort of thing?
    Normally we have bought into productions and just buy a license.

2. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

Have you googled licence request for the greatest showman? You would probably need to apply to Fox music. However I don’t know that you will be successful. Even if they will permit a performance there are usually strict rules about paying for the script and not changing it, or words of songs, and the cost is likely to be £££. I would like to think I am completely wrong...

3. BE2BN2BE

BE2BN2BE New commenter

I've had an almighty google search and can't find anything! From what I have found loads and loads of schools have put on their own versions.

4. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

I doubt very much that you will be able to do what you are hoping to do. @jubilada is right that there are usually strict rules governing what a licence will permit you to do - especially to a high-profile West End show. And true, the costs are likely to be high.

I suggest you think again...