1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School production-Wizard of Oz

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by lagerlover, May 5, 2011.

1. Hi

I'm after some advice please! There are 3 yr 6 classes in our school and we usually do a leaver's service but this year we thought we'd do a production for a change as it'd be fun for the children after SATs. We want to do The Wizard of Oz. Does anyone know where you can get a child friendly script and backing tracks for songs etc? Do you have to buy performance rights? None of us has ever put on a production before but we're very enthusiastic and keen to try it- I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance

2. Hi

I'm after some advice please! There are 3 yr 6 classes in our school and we usually do a leaver's service but this year we thought we'd do a production for a change as it'd be fun for the children after SATs. We want to do The Wizard of Oz. Does anyone know where you can get a child friendly script and backing tracks for songs etc? Do you have to buy performance rights? None of us has ever put on a production before but we're very enthusiastic and keen to try it- I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance

3. Hi, I'm a music teacher but we're putting on The Wizard of Oz in October. We're doing the musical version and going all out to try and make it WOW! We had to pay for the rights to perform it, got them through musicscope uk, might be worth ringing them and asking?