1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School orchestra music

Discussion in 'Music' started by robliverpooluk, Jul 14, 2012.

1. robliverpooluk

robliverpooluk New commenter

Hi everyone - not long till the holidays!
    Can anyone recommend a good place to get music for my School orchestra? Any decent websites?
    We are using Hollywood and films as our inspiration for our next show and I'm looking for appropriate arrangements that would fit in.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Rob.

2. robliverpooluk

Hi everyone - not long till the holidays!
    Can anyone recommend a good place to get music for my School orchestra? Any decent websites?
    We are using Hollywood and films as our inspiration for our next show and I'm looking for appropriate arrangements that would fit in.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Rob.

3. You don't say how good your orchestra is so I won't recommend particular pieces. Hal Leonard do some good arrangements for various levels. You can usually listen to the arrangement to see if it matches your ensemble's abilities. Sheetmusicplus.com is very reliable for sending you music (cheaper in dollars!). If you aren't looking at film music, Goodmusic do excellent parts and scores for school orchestras.

4. bod99

bod99 New commenter

sheetmusicplus sent my order in 4 parcels, 2 of which didn't arrive, and then it took weeks for replacements to be sent out. Order WELL in advance!

5. robliverpooluk

Thanks for your help! The pupils have a wide range of ability. I now have somewhere to start looking! Thanks!