1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Newspaper/magazine - any ideas please???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Joanna2983, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Has anyone any ideas for starting a school newspaper or magazine. Trying to think of the logistics of setting one up. Would it be the children's own work? Would it be sold or just given out?

Any template ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I think I've messaged you!

3. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I'm interested in this too! I was thinking something along the lines of once-termly papers, with ideas for articles and interviews arising from discussions and planning in the first few weeks of an after-school club.

Tafkam, any pearls of wisdom to adorn my inbox?

4. tafkam

Have emailed you sleighbelle

5. rach1968

rach1968 New commenter

Thanks tafkam. Some fantastic info for me to give some ideas.

6. rach1968

rach1968 New commenter

!!!!! I think that is what is called 'a nonsense post'! [​IMG]
    I meant to say.........Thanks tafkam. Some fantastic info that will give me some ideas and inspiration.

7. Tafcam, any chance I too could have your ideas? I run a computer club and have tried before, but seems to take so long. thanks
    asilcocks@gmail.com

8. Hi I am really interested in starting a school magazine... tried at the beginning of the year but failed, any help would be great. Thank you. Lisa

9. Hey just saw that you were handing out good advice on building a school newspaper. Was wondering if I could get in on the action please. Beenlanded with the burden today and dunno where to begin. Thanks a million,
    Emma

10. OOPS meant to write Tafkam in that too, ha ha!

11. Hi tafkam
    have seen your posts about school mags and wondered if you could send me your info? Only started at school in sept but have been asked to put one together - don't know where to start!
    Any help appreciated - thanks.
    sulas

12. Can I please have some info/inspiration please? Something I would like to do as an after school club but not sure where to start.
    Thanks
    misspinky1986@hotmail.com

13. Ooh me too please if you have any ideas tafkam! sonicwaffle@hotmail.co.uk ora message on here would be much appreciated! :)

14. Hi tafkam, not sure if you're still a amember but would love some advice about starting a school magazine. Have been roped into helping but am worried that its going to turn into a boring staff bulletin rather than letting the kids have input.
    thanks

15. tafkam

Yes, just about still a member ;)
    If you send me a PM with your email address I can forward my comments to others.

16. Cez24

Cez24 New commenter

I would love it too, if you could supply any ideas. I was thinking of doing a writer's workshop every Friday with my Year 5/6s and then allowing them to choose their favourite piece of writing to be out in a school magazine every month? Not sure how this would go down.. any thoughts would be great:
    olipage34@googlemail.com is my emal.

17. golf girl

golf girl New commenter

Hi
    I am just starting this with the School Council children I

18. golf girl

golf girl New commenter

Hi
    I am just starting this with the School Council and would really like ideas. My e-mail address is lauradoyle83@hotmail.co.uk
    Thanks in advance

19. Hi there Tafkam,
    Really sorry to jump on the band waggon but i'm starting up a Magazine/Journalism club too and it sounds like you have some really good ideas that will really help me out. I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks
    robert_earl74@hotmail.com