1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School new year resolutions, have you made any?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jan 3, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Mine are:

1. Give out more housepoints. (My class looked really bad at the end of term certificate giving assembly. But it is because they are SO good that I never get round to giving any! They have promised to ask for them this term to help me keep the resolution...)

2. Be calm and serene when people suggest/expect/demand the impossible or things that will be detrimental to my own teaching. (As opposed to crying/throwing a stop/flatly refusing.)

Yours?

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

yeah, why is that? I have a super class, best ever but I hardly ever reward them. Thy don't complain (much) but they do deserve more. This will be my resolution too.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Mine don't ever complain and don't NEED rewards. But when about three have got a bronze, yet seemingly half the school have got silver I feel a bit guilty. I think it is peer pressure to give them really...I probably should resist.

4. definitely need to go with that one (she says knowing that by Thursday this will have been broken - MUST think positive thoughts about this one!)

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Broke it myself this afternoon...but as it was only an INSET it doesn't count as a proper school term start does it? And I sent an apology email, so that negates it al....sort of!