1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School needed to trial new 'cloud' VLE ?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by ecikgudotcom, May 6, 2011.

1. Good morning,

I am contacting you at the suggestion of Ray Davis, my ex-Principal at the Garden School in Kuala Lumpur. My name is Phil Neild, partner of www.ecikgu.com (itchygoo) and we are developing a new internet based Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which we believe may be of interest to you.

During recent posts in Egypt and Malaysia, I developed an interest in how VLEs could improve teaching and learning. In both school, I set up and maintained a 'Moodle' website and conducted numerous training sessions for staff. Despite the obvious advantages of such online platforms, it struck me that there were some severe drawbacks: Firstly, a high level of technical expertise is needed to successfully implement the software. Secondly, the system is written by IT experts and hence is not intuitive for teachers to use. This results in either a large amount of training being required, or a lack of confidence in staff which leads to under utilisation. Finally, there is the issue of the requirement for large and expensive servers to support such systems.

www.ecikgu.com solves these problems by providing a simple to use, 'designed by teachers' platform which is hosted remotely ? freeing up and speeding up your school server. In the often transient world of international teaching, it also ensures that you build up your school resource bank even as staff move on.
    The single user version is now complete and is about to be launched and we are ready to move on to the second stage of the development in building a whole school package.

We are seeking a forward-looking school to implement the system and structuring it to meet your institution's requirements, working with us in the development of the system in return for a substantially discounted rate.

Please contact us via the PM system in the first instance.