1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Merger Re-applying for my HOY job

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by wickerama, May 23, 2016.

1. wickerama

wickerama New commenter

Hi all

My school is currently merging with another and as a result everyone in a duplicate roles will reapply and be interviewed for their job. I am very stressed about this and how to perform well in an interview showing all that I do. Its been a while!

Can you recommend any questions with suggestions on how to frame an answer or good answers that might arise for a Head of Year post!

I know what I do but I fear this wont come across.

Many Thanks

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Questions will be based on the job description and Person specification; expect a range of "What would you do if..." questions.

Try to ensure that you give one or more examples from your own practice in each answer, to illustrate your experience, skills and knowledge.

Ah - you've crossed the line there. No, we cannot give you "answers" - these must come from you, otherwise it's cheating, isn't it? They want to appoint you because you're genuinely the best candidate.