1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School leaving Teacher Pension Scheme

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by adjbaker, Jan 18, 2019.

1. adjbaker

adjbaker New commenter

Hi,

I have heard some talk of schools leaving the Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS) and making staff join an alternative version provided by the school. I just wondered if this is a common thing and if anyone has any experience of this? Thanks.

maya1312 likes this.
  2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

JohnJCazorla likes this.
  3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

@maya1312 you have posted this question across 5 threads, none of them forums that are appropriate for your question, and all of them on other people's threads on completely different subjects. You will not get an answer that way.

Please start your own thread on an appropriate forum - I suggest the main Secondary forum. Go to the Secondary forum on this link...

https://community.tes.com/forums/secondary.58/

Then click 'Post new thread

[​IMG]

It would help if you explained why. A number of people here will have logins, why do you want to know?

[I'll put this reply on all the posts you made]

4. adjbaker

adjbaker New commenter

Thanks - sorry, bit confused when i first tried to post this of how it worked!

5. adjbaker

adjbaker New commenter

Thank you for this - very helpful.

6. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

on the other hand, I intend to cash my pension at 55 so should become a lot cheaper for schools as and when I want a bit of work!