1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School leaders are latest to consider next step in pensions row

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by gailrobinson, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Heads’ union the NAHT has revealed that 64 per cent of its members would take action to protect the highly prized final-salary scheme, which is under threat from a major review of pensions due to report this spring.
    Nearly 90 per cent of the 3,300 largely primary school members taking part in the NAHT consultation said they would not support an end to the current arrangements.
    Will you be joining in the industrial action if needs be?
    Read the full article: We'll take action in support of final salary scheme, vow heads

2. To fill that answer in a bit further, I see no reason to permit a raid on my pension by people who have been willing to give my tax money away to others without my express permission (no mandate, you see), especially when the pension pot is self funding. I used to be in the NUT when I was younger and more activist, but when I became a headteacher I suffered below the waist atrophy (sighs), although who knows, maybe I'll grow some more