1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School In Tokyo

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Intleducator, Oct 13, 2011.

1. International ed works like that... we're a perfectly stable, upper end school and we lost head of secondary, head of elementary and the head of my campus all at once... the secondary head took a higher paying job to be with his wife, the head of elementary and the head of my campus are married, they moved back to Canada....soooo... lots of things. The thing I look at ALWAYS is the staff turnover, thats decisive... lots of turnover ALWAYS spells trouble....

2. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

I haven't worked there, but during my time in Tokyo that school had a very good reputation (e.g. quality staff, financially stable, very good facilities) and the staff I knew from there seemed happy.

3. Thanks for those replies... It's also interesting that in the school newsletter the Principal, when announcing the departure of the Head of Primary, does not seem to take the opportunity of reflecting on her excellent contribution to the school, blah blah blah... Maybe I'm just seeing ghosts in every corner.
    P