1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School in Taiwan

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Arepa, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Arepa

Arepa New commenter

I was wondering if anyone had recent information about a
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    in the hills of Taiwan. They are also opening a branch in China. They are a for profit school, I believe, and the reviews (from a few years ago have been mixed).

Thanks

2. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

Hmmm not one I'm familiar with but I can ask around if you're desperate for info. PM me.

3. Arepa

Arepa New commenter

I sent you a message, I think. Please let me know if you got it. Thanks for your help.

4. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood Occasional commenter

Feels odd to work at a school on the same mountain & never have heard of the school you're talking about. I'm honestly not sure what to take away from that!

5. ejclibrarian

Didn't get your message Arepa but sent you one.

6. Twinklefoottoe

Twinklefoottoe Senior commenter

I went to Taiwan for a holiday a few years ago for three weeks. It was okay for a break but I thought at the time it wasn't a place to live long term. It's a tiny country with a good transport network, coastline and friendly people, but pretty boring and lacking a wide a variety of culture and entertainment that you can get stuck into.

7. Arepa

Arepa New commenter

Thanks for everyone's comments. it does seem like a school of which few have heard. I will take that as a negative sign.

8. ejclibrarian

I have to disagree Twinklefoottoe. We've lived here coming up to three years now and there's always lots of things going on. Concerts, art exhibitions, great restaurants, fantastic beaches, night clubs and a whole host of other events. Every weekend you can find something going on in the city to do. Perhaps you just weren't looking in the right places. Yes the island is small but it's beautiful. It's also perfectly placed to be able to visit the rest of the region for not a huge amount of money. 4hrs by plane to most places. I love it here and will be very sad to leave (if we ever do!).

9. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

I too have heard good things about Taiwan as a place to live. Have never visited but will do someday soon or never. Loads of stuff going on, urban and rural right next door to each other and easy to get to, first world infrastructure for the most part. Probably a bit boring for anyone who has lived in an excite-fest of a country (but that's most places and it can save many a young folk's life). The schools don't have reputations elsewhere as places to aim for but The Exceptional School seems like a decent gig and The Amazing School seems like a good gig. Paid well, good lifestyle, urban chic, crazy extro-introverted locals. I'd be tempted though to avoid a "
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    in the hills of Taiwan. They are also opening a branch in China" because, well because it sounds

ejclibrarian likes this.
  10. ejclibrarian

If you ever want to visit and need a tour guide, let me know :D

11. TeacherIan2015

TeacherIan2015 New commenter

Are you sure that's the name??? I've never heard of it. maybe it's
    ?
    My wife and I moved from Vancouver, Canada to Taipei and lived there for 11 years. We had both of our children there and loved almost every minute of it. We have recently moved to China to work in an international school and we both miss Taiwan like crazy.
    It's a very good place to live and I would move back in a heartbeat if I could get a job at

12. ejclibrarian

You can't mention school names so that's why Kemevez has tried to disguise it. It's against forum rules to name schools.

13. TeacherIan2015

TeacherIan2015 New commenter

Ah, that makes sense now. How can I edit my post? I didn't mean to break the rules.

14. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood Occasional commenter

It seems a moderator has done it for you!