1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

school in SM, behaviour getting worse!

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by starfluf, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hi all. My school was put into SM last year, with new Head just starting that year. Ofsted gave the head benefit of the doubt of issues not being the head's fault. We are now a year into SM and many staff have left, resigned, been suspended or are off on sick. My dilemma is Ofsted may well see good teaching but behaviour becoming more manic, especially outside the classroom. Students ignore requests from SLT so classroom teachers don't have a prayer. I won't go into detail incase anyone could pin point this to a specific school. Should staff whistle blow when they fear for their own safety and sanity? Surely by now behaviour should have been addressed?

2. Hi all. My school was put into SM last year, with new Head just starting that year. Ofsted gave the head benefit of the doubt of issues not being the head's fault. We are now a year into SM and many staff have left, resigned, been suspended or are off on sick. My dilemma is Ofsted may well see good teaching but behaviour becoming more manic, especially outside the classroom. Students ignore requests from SLT so classroom teachers don't have a prayer. I won't go into detail incase anyone could pin point this to a specific school. Should staff whistle blow when they fear for their own safety and sanity? Surely by now behaviour should have been addressed?

3. I'm frequenting tes for jobs! Alas no luck yet for part-time in the region. Well done you for moving and getting an outstanding!