1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School in Shenzhen

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by adrixargentina, Oct 15, 2020.

1. adrixargentina

adrixargentina Occasional commenter

Does anyone know about the Marrow school in Shenzhen whose initials are the opposite of HER?

Just opened this September. Supposedly an international school. There is a Marrow bilingual school opening in 2021 — it’s not that one I’m interested in.

2. Mattisspecial

Mattisspecial New commenter

Well I don't know, but for a place that wants a year leader in every year to apply, I would be cautious.

adrixargentina likes this.
  3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Mrs. Hippo and her overweight husband were at the desert school in SZ for five years. We liked it. Sorry, but I cannot help you with your school, adrixargentina.

4. adrixargentina

adrixargentina Occasional commenter

@Mattisspecial how come? I would just presume that due to the fact it’s a new school, they wouldn’t appoint them in the first year.

5. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

Did the headbod move down from Beijing? The grapevine has him down as very difficult to work with.

6. musodubs

musodubs New commenter

the 'English' version are good to work for as a company- you will work hard but play hard too! I have heard varied about the head there. the bi-lingual are unknown as too new to comment on but opening at a rate of knots with Jakarta and Japan coming online 2022 (not sure if those are Eng/bilingual though). Think the head who is referred to above is not at all unpleasant in my experience (from a UK shared school), just think 'ghost head' and you'll possibly be in the right area of thought. Perhaps not too much of a spark there.