1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School in Nanjing

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Diddysan, Jan 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

I have an offer from a newish school in Nanjing! It's named after a famous London newspaper. I would appreciate any pm's from people in Nanjing who can give me a heads-up on the school.

Thanks,

Diddysan

2. february31st

february31st Established commenter

If it has the words Bilingual in the name, best avoid. Sorry to say all the information coming out of these new Bilingual schools points to them all been a mess!

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Many, many so-called "international" schools around the world are really bilingual schools, in the sense that most of the students come from the host country. When I was teaching in Shenzhen, I had the good fortune to be at a bilingual school for five years. My Chinese students were delightful, hard-working and polite.

4. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Hippo, I said ”NEW” Bilingual schools are a MESS, can you please pay attention.

5. Teachallover

Teachallover Occasional commenter

True, avoid but as I discussed in another thread very recently, there really is less and less choice now to be picky in China. Even big-name schools are now taking on local licenses opening up to the local community in order to sustain the school open. If you see a vacancy at one of the few international license schools disallowing Chinese passport enrolment go for it but with the changing demographics of expat population these are far and few between now...