1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School in Doha to avoid/embrace

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by hartlenm, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hartlenm

hartlenm New commenter

I am considering work oin Qatar, with three children. I am wondering which school are to be avoided, for the kids, and and for me. And, where to be looking? I am looking specifically
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    I have found mostly negative reviews, but none of them to recent. Does anyone have any current info on this place? thanks in advance.

2. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Established commenter

3. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Start by saying why you are considering Qatar over Q8 or Hong Kong for example. The financial benefits of working in the ME are long over.

You have to ask yourself why so many teachers who have worked in the ME voted with their feet and are now in Asia.

Will you be a working couple, as I don't know many schools that offer free education for 3children as a single teacher in the school. Some schools may offer only a discount on the tuition fees, so check on the schools package.

4. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Established commenter

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    There are better schools in Qatar. The
    school provides 4 free kids places, the school sponsored by the British embassy provides 75% discount for each child, most of the other british curriculum schools provide 2 kids places, however , do your own research on the quality of teaching and learning that takes place on the schools that interest school.

As Feb31st mentioned, why Qatar when there is a big world out there to explore?

5. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

If you name specific schools, as hartlenm has just done, then the TES Moderators will delete the whole thread. So why should anyone bother contributing to a thread that is just about to disappear? Wouldn't it be better, hartlenm, if you were to read the terms and conditions of this forum?

6. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

This thread will be locked. As the hippo states it is against the terms and conditions of the website to identify individual schools, colleges etc:

You agree to not use the Services to:

• post content which refers to individual schools, colleges or agencies - or their staff - whether by name, or identifiable by a pseudonym or any other means;

7. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.