1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School friendly video streaming sites

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dramateachingdotcom, Jul 6, 2011.

1. As we all know, Youtube is blocked in most schools, I wondered if anyone knew if 'teachertube' was any good and if the Grid for learning people haven't blocked it?

2. Videojug is OK - but it'd say it's more appropriate for teachers using to find material, rather than the kids explorin.

BBC learning clips are also very good.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

4. Thanks, good advice for available clips, but I want to upload my own class videos and stream them. Currently trying teachertube.

5. Well, I've uploaded and tried to embed a video on teachertube, but it doesn't seem to show up in my browser. Can anyone else see the video at http://dramateaching.com ?

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I can see a video of two pupils speaking - about a lost astronaut in space initially - is this what you uploaded?

7. I've always found Vimeo to be a good alternative to Youtube

8. Yes, lost astronaut! It must be working on your browser. I don't think I have a flash plug in for firefox.

9. Teachertube.com works and has mostly appropriate materials but they run pre-roll advertisements which is really annoying.