1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Experience In Preston

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Elliot5, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Hello Head Teachers,
    I have just finished my first year of Teachers Training at Edge Hill University. Having passed my first year and being graded outstanding on my block teaching practise I am seeking some more experience in a local primary school in the Preston area?

Previous school's i have visited have been 'leafy-green village' schools and if possible i would like to see teaching from the other side in a city school with challenging children and backgrounds.

I wonder if any Headteacher is in a position to offer me some experience in their school?

Many Thanks,
    Elliot

2. Fierygirl

Fierygirl New commenter

Hi Elliot,
    Congratulations on your recent achievement - you sound like you're enjoying your course. Regarding your wish to get school experience, you will probably get a more favourable response if you make a list of the types of schools that interest you in the Preston area and approach them direct. Find out a little about each school, write individual letters to the headteachers, and follow up with a telephone call.
    You sound like a keen and personable young man but HTs feel that their schools are special places and tend to respond to people who think likewise! They are also incredibly busy so if you want them to accommodate you, you need to show that you're committed. (This is also a good tip for when you're in the position of applying for jobs.)

Good luck