1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Experience - Help?!?!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by CarolinaRain, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hi,

I've just (beginning of December) applied for PGCE English course in Swansea and due having very little experience when I had an interview at UWIC last year, which inevitably lead to me not getting a place on course. To rectify this, I've been volunteering one day a week on alternate days since October and plan to continue until May time.

This might seem slightly silly to ask but I was wondering if anyone could provide suggestions on how to get the most out of this experience?

Thank you in advance for your help

CarolinaRain

2. Hi,

I've just (beginning of December) applied for PGCE English course in Swansea and due having very little experience when I had an interview at UWIC last year, which inevitably lead to me not getting a place on course. To rectify this, I've been volunteering one day a week on alternate days since October and plan to continue until May time.

This might seem slightly silly to ask but I was wondering if anyone could provide suggestions on how to get the most out of this experience?

Thank you in advance for your help

CarolinaRain