1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Effectiveness framework in a nutshell please.

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by peanut_girl69, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have an interview next week for a PGCE Primary Course at Bangor University. I have been researching recent developments in Welsh education, to which there has been a lot. I have been reading about the School Effectiveness framework, and understand that it wants to get all schools working together with their local authorities to make schools more effective etc. But how is it to be implemented? And how will it work alongside things like the Skills framework and NC? All the jargon and waffle in the reports has made my mind find it hard to ingest. Also if there are any other subjects I should be researching that I have not all ready, I would be grateful for the feedback. I've looked at the foundation phase, skills framework, SEF and attendance and behaviour plan 2001-2013.
    Thank you :)

2. Any input would be appreciated thanks!

3. Hi Peanut girl - How did your interview go? I have a PGCE interview at Bangor this week and am slightly worried that lots of other places seem to have a multitude of tests/presentations and group interviews. My letter just says to be preparred to answer questions on recent developments in education in Wales and that there'll be a reading and writing test. Just checking there are no nasty surprises in store for me! Is it just a one:eek:ne interview and a test? How long does it last?
    Thanks
    Bec