1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School direct training primary and secondary.

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by nana108, Jan 12, 2016.

1. nana108

nana108 New commenter

Hello everyone,

Has anyone experienced a switch from Secondary to Primary during their training ? I am currently training through the School-Direct salaried route in MFL in a secondary school. I've been rated good just before Christmas but had a complete break-down during the first week back after Christmas. I just could not do it anymore and was about to quit. My training provider is very supportive and, after giving me time off, they offered me to complete my training in another school. They say that my burn-out is due to the context of the school rather than me not being made for the job and that I might fit better in a Primary school. After giving it a lot of thoughts I think that it might be the case and I want to give it a try but I am wondering what kind of impact it can have on my training. Anyone has got an experience of doing a half primary/half secondary training that they want to share ?