1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Direct Interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by junglebook1, Nov 26, 2015.

1. junglebook1

junglebook1 New commenter

Hi all
    I am looking for a some advice please! I have a school direct interview next week and have been told of the interview process which is scaring me slightly! I have maths, literacy and spelling tests (am doing on-line practices etc etc), and an interview which am obviously preparing for. I have to teach a group of mixed ability year 2 students a maths session based on the teaching of place value and I should bring any resources that I would expect to use. I have looked on-line for resources and have found a good print out which I have copied to give out to the children. The session is 30mins long so need to plan cleverly! Am going to explain the learning objective, give out handouts to illustrate it and then get them to do some examples. Any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated as am getting very nervous!!
    Thank you!

2. Findlotte

Findlotte Established commenter

The maths/literacy test will just be to see where you're at if you haven't booked/passed the skills test yet - don't worry about them, see it as revision.

Handouts are good, but what else will you do? Will you mark them as a class, or swap with a partner and mark them? How will you assess that they have learned what you have taught them?
    Think about the language you use (simple). I handed out green/red cards to all students and asked them to raise red at any point if they didn't understand, then asked them to write one thing that had learned on the green cards at the end.

3. bailey12

bailey12 New commenter

Hi All, i am currently a nursery teacher and have an honours degree in early childhood education. I need to get into the school direct programme to get paid as qualified and gain QTS. I have over 3 years teaching experience. I have the interview in January. Any tips for the interview? Many thanks, L.