1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

School Direct Interview - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ld7675, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ld7675

ld7675 New commenter

Thank you, am jotting 5 attributes now!

2. ld7675

ld7675 New commenter

Hi, I found out yesterday ) that I got on to the School Direct! I had an email inviting me to inverview at another school and I phoned them to see if they'd made a decision as I needed to accept/decline interview and they told me over the phone - I keep thinking I'm imagining it but will get written confirmation shortly!
    I found that my pgce interview was good practice for the school direct. It wasn't as friendly; at the pgce we were grouped for the presentations and there were about 30 applicants, but my sd interview was individual and I did not see any other candidates. I had 30 minutes to prepare for a presentation on a topic given on the day and then a panel interview with the School Direct co-ordinator and a local headteacher. They just wrote notes while I talked and I did not feel that it went well at all. The type of questions asked were basically the same, eg what makes a good teacher, why do you want to do this route, why do you want to teach, one question that I found weird was when have you sought study mentor support. The topics given for the interview were based on educational issues and I did not feel that I needed any additional information, I think they are looking for eye contact and clear coherent argument.
    I hope this helps and good luck!