1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Direct graduates: does your PGCE certificate mention your SD route?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Teachertraveller3, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Teachertraveller3

Teachertraveller3 New commenter

Hi Teachers,

I’m wondering if any of you guys can give me an indication whether your PGCE certificate mentioned your teacher training route e.g.

___ has been awarded a

PGCE (via School Direct)

by

__ University

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Mine does. No one cares though - what are you worried about?

3. Teachertraveller3

Thanks for replying.

According to someone’s post on this forum, some international schools will not accept a PGCE obtained via the School Direct route.

4. blueskydreaming

I work internationally. It's not been a problem for me.

Where did you want to work?

5. Teachertraveller3

Oh, I see. That’s good to hear. If you don’t mind me asking, where is that?

I would probably move to a country in Asia to work in an international school there or possibly anywhere in Europe.

I’d love having the options the PGCE would give me.

6. blueskydreaming

Are you confused between School Direct with only QTS, and School Direct PGCE + QTS? Some School Direct courses only give QTS, whereas some also give the PGCE.

I have a School Direct PGCE, through a Russell Group uni, with QTS. I worked in China. I was offered a job in Egypt earlier this year but turned it down, and am about to move to Central Europe.

As long as you have QTS you're good.

7. Teachertraveller3

Wow! That’s so exciting. Congratulations on your success.

I believe that’s what the poster was confused with as he said PGCE School Direct is not accepted everywhere. I think he read about School Direct + QTS somewhere and confused it with + QTS and PGCE.

I picked the PGCE School Direct route as it provides more school experience (that I want) with the internationally-accepted PGCE and nationally-accepted QTS.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me post-ITT. You have put my mind at ease.

8. blueskydreaming

Yeah it sounds like that person was confused. You'll be fine with School Direct. Good luck on your PGCE!

Teachertraveller3 likes this.
  9. Teachertraveller3

Appreciate it. Best of luck in your new job. ;)