1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Development Plan

Discussion in 'Governors' started by cherrytree, Jun 24, 2011.

1. We have just been sent the new School development plan for 2011-12. I was saddened to see that the Governors are not mentioned at all. Is this part of the new framework. I am the Governor responsible for training and have mentioned frequently that we need to do more. We have always had a section before.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

Have the governing body discussed and agreed how they want to develop themselves in 2011-12? If not it's hardly surprising it isn't in the document the head has drafted and sent to you. How is the school going to know what the governing body's development plan for itself is if the governing body doesn't know? If the GB wants a GB development plan (which is a good idea) it needs to write itself one.
    There are no mandatory frameworks for a school development plan, it's whatever works for you. Plenty of good practice advice available though.

3. SDP should be a joint enterprise between govs and school leadership. Even if the GB is "outstanding" there must be actions to keep it that way!
    I have an SDP of 8 pages (small primary). Last week I saw and SDP for a 1 FE primary stretching to 67 pages! There is clearly no right or wrong framework.