1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Schemes of work

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Barney34, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Hi. I've just completed my NQT year and am starting in year 1 in Sept. I'm looking at the schemes of work e.g, Science unit 1A-Ourseleves, but the only place I can get these from is the national archives site. I just wanted to check that these are still valid schemes of work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. x

2. Hi. I've just completed my NQT year and am starting in year 1 in Sept. I'm looking at the schemes of work e.g, Science unit 1A-Ourseleves, but the only place I can get these from is the national archives site. I just wanted to check that these are still valid schemes of work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. x

3. Barney, you really need to check what your school uses for each subject and plan accordingly. For example, we abandoned the QCA schemes of work over 5 years ago, although still dip into them for Science. Each school is different. and it will vary subject to subject. Sorry I can't be of much more help!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I agree with jenniwillis, ask your school what to do.

Yes the QCA units are valid, but few schools follow them to the letter any more.