1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

schemes of work

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hairy maclary, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Would anyone share an example of their schemes of work for EYFS and KS1 with me? Am having to rewrite them and just don't know where to start with regard to the format.
    Many thanks
    hairy maclary
    email: guinea.p@hotmail.co.uk

2. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

What sort of Schemes of work for reception are you talking about?
    How will these fit in with meeting the needs of the childrens interests in the EYFS?

3. I don't know! I have just been told I have to write schemes of work! I would have thought that medium term and long term plans would be more to the point!Just wondered what other EY settings do/write

4. I have to do the same also. But 'build in flexibility' for the changing needs and interests of the children. ? How can I do both? Does it render any LT or MT planning useless and a waste of time? To be honest I'm struggling.
    Shh... I'm going into work today with a rough theme and a few objectives and not much else. not sure if I feel liberated or scared to death! We a are a school obsessed with box filling unfortunately.
    I would love some help too. Please? [​IMG]
    Thank you so much.
    kaytwatson@hotmail.com

5. Join the club! I have just been told myself! agghh! help!! please...
    really don't know where to even start

7. yep this is a daft request - my school asked me to produce curriculum maps for all subjects (???!!!) and SOW for CLLD and I just said we follow the FSP and letters and sounds, everything is cross referenced so impossible to plan linearly and it's a child initiated play curriculum - why re write what is there and anyway it is so continuous it's impossible to block! We have a rough theme idea and go from there..... what a load of bolony!!!