1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Schemes of work for RE in Primary Schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by vernicent, Aug 30, 2017.

1. vernicent

vernicent New commenter

Hi

I am subject leader for RE at a primary school in the Wandsworth locality. After discussions with staff at the school I am finding that teachers are not conifdent with what to teach in RE lessons to meet the requirement of the locality syllabus. To help them out, I wanted to find a scheme of work for RE across the school that can be used as a basis to guide lessons and provide/offer advice on resources and tasks. It does not need to be specific to meet the Wandsworth locality scheme o work (it is pretty basic and does not give much specific guidance on what needs to be done) so schemes of work from other localities would be great . Can anyone recommend a scheme of work that they have found to be good for RE in primary schools?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Will see if our LA one is online and if it is I'll PM you with a link. It took many people years to finalise and was considered to be very good.

vernicent likes this.
  3. vernicent

vernicent New commenter

That would be amazing, thank you. Which LA is that?

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

vernicent likes this.
  5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Twi nkl PlanIt has some excellent RE plans for all year groups.
    I used them as an emergency stop gap with KS2 last year and was scarily impressed. I'm assuming the KS1 plans will be just as good, but haven't tried them out.
    All planning and resources done for you, but easily adaptable and reasonable choice of very different activities.

squashball and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  7. squashball

squashball Occasional commenter

8. ks9aq

ks9aq New commenter

squashball and Lara mfl 05 like this.