1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCE Interviews

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Boffin_not, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Boffin_not

Boffin_not New commenter

Has anyone got an interview with SCE in the Falklands yet?

2. Boffin_not

Boffin_not New commenter

Well it looks like it's just me then!
    If you are being interviewed near Monchengladbach is it easier to fly to Dusseldorf or Weeze?
    Are there any other airports nearby?
    Also, has anyone had a Head that has been difficult about travel and interviews? I think mine might be!
    Thanks, Boff

3. I had a head that said I had no right to have time off for an interview. I ended up getting a sick note for a couple of days so I could go.

4. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

Dusseldorf is easy - they actually send a driver for you. You could also consider ryanair (yuk!!) into what I call RAF Laarbruck but they call either Dusseldorf or Koln (can't remember which though)
    Good luck!

5. Boffin_not

Boffin_not New commenter

Thanks for your help [​IMG] Now I just need a winning lesson and for my knees to stop knocking!
    I'm very excited!

6. brigelle

brigelle New commenter

Good luck Boffin_not! The Falkland Islands are amazing!

7. Boffin_not

Boffin_not New commenter

With my shaky glass half full, thinking past the interview, how does relocation work when you have children that are no longer regarded as dependents? I have two that are teenagers and not in education now, but live at home and are supported by my husband and I.
    Although I often feel like giving them a cardboard box and a £10, I'm not ready to abandon them (after all they might choose my care home!).
    Thanks

8. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

I'm in exactly the same position! My 5 bedroomed house in the UK is solely occupied by my 21yo son who is a student, ha! Whilst I live in a 2 bed apartment, go figure! In fact it works well as we don't have to pay extra for insurance, the council tax is in his name so single person discount (if working and not a student) or zero council tax if a student (degree). Financial support continues, it is just the emotional support that is difficult but my son manages very well. I pay the utilities and he buys his own food, does his own washing and sort of keeps the house clean!!
    They adjust pretty easily!

9. Boffin_not

Boffin_not New commenter

Lovely.lady I've just sent you a PM
    Cheers!