1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scarab's Secret talk for writing unit

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kmj203, Mar 17, 2017.

1. kmj203

kmj203 New commenter

Hello,

I am trying to plan a talk for writing unit over about 3 weeks on Scarab's Secret for year 3/4. Just wondering whether anyone had any ideas, or even better, any plans they wouldn't mind sharing so I can get some ideas.

Thanks in advance
    Katie-May

katiemay462@hotmail.com

2. alansheppard

alansheppard New commenter

Did you still need this? I have just done this. I can send you what I have. I am looking for a T4W story Map (Pages or whole book) and we wondered if you did any? Any pictures at all?

3. jcadams90

jcadams90 New commenter

Hi Alan,

I'm looking at the Scarabs secret next term with my class! I would really appreciate if I could see your plans as a starting point!

Thanks,

Jo

Email: xjoadamsx@hotmail.co.uk

4. vannie

vannie Star commenter

And so it begins ..... the last thread lasted over ten years.

5. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Ah, the annual search for the planning for Scarab's Secret - like the Holy Grail, so it is.....

vannie likes this.
  6. mhawkins1

mhawkins1 New commenter

Hello
    Sorry to butt in here but I would really appreciate being sent some planning around the text of Scarab's Secret please. I have a year 3 class.
    My email is mhawkins_1986@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance

7. petrinabooth83

petrinabooth83 New commenter

Sorry to jump in! I am about to start planning this as a TfW unit also and would love to see some of your ideas! Even just the shortened version you are having the children learn would help. Will be happy to share my story map etc when I've completed it.

petrinarose83@yahoo.co.uk

8. streagust

streagust New commenter

If anyone still has the Scarabs Secrets planning pleasepcouldcthey send it to me on s1treagust@yahoo.co.uk

9. Amyandoliver555

Amyandoliver555 New commenter

Hi Ive just been asked to plan a unit on The Scarabs Secret TFW style! Has anyone got ideas or plns they would be willing to share please!!
    If so my email is rachelhiltongough@gmail.com

10. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

Dear God..... the curse of the 21st century teacher. If you have to teach from someone else's plans, there's no ownership and no enjoyment. It's just education's equivalent of painting by numbers.

lardylegs likes this.
  11. lardylegs

Maybe just read the book and think how you could use it to help your class make progress with their writing?

Waiguoren likes this.
  12. DonClegg

DonClegg New commenter

Hi all,

I am looking for an electronic version of the Scarabs Secret, can anyone help please. I am having problems getting a decent upload from a scan and really need an e version. TIA.

13. lardylegs

Snortle, never fails. How many years now?

14. missiddon92

missiddon92 New commenter

Hey I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending over any planning, activities or resources you have for this text based on T4W. missiddon92@gmail.com

15. DonClegg

DonClegg New commenter

I didn’t end up using it as I was really short of planning time. I went for a different activity in the end.

16. m1980

m1980 New commenter

If anyone could send some examples of planning/model texts they used for Scarabs secret we would be ever so grateful. Thanks:)
    Email mspiers@riverbeachprimary.co.uk

17. markandali07

markandali07 New commenter

If anybody has an e copy or scanned copy of this book I'd be eternally grateful. Can't buy it anywhere unless I spend a an all fortune! Thanks.
    markandali07@yahoo.co.uk

18. NeveW

NeveW New commenter

Hi Katie,

I was wondering if you could let me see a copy of the Scarab's secret planning?
    Thanks hopefully,

Louise

19. sarahmwall

sarahmwall New commenter

20. lardylegs

Here we go again! The Scarab's Secret planning.

(Shhhh! It's a secret!)

vannie likes this.