1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scanning your papers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4582, May 14, 2011.

1. Who was it who said they scanned their bills, keeping a soft copy on their computer and shredding the hard copy?

I'm not sure why I never thought of doing that before; I have far too much paperwork everywhere.

Thanks for that idea [​IMG], I'm hoping to have a decluttered house within the next week

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Remember that you may need to show utility bills or bank statements for identity purposes (opening accounts etc)

I wouldn't be too quick to to throw everything away

3. Hard drives crash....paper records don't. You can't have that many bills that a two drawer filing cabinet can't handle.

4. You need originals. Whoever told you to shred, was presumptious.

5. Thanks all [​IMG]

I was having this discussion with Hubby a moment ago. I'm thinking more clutter paper bits that I keep just in case, but generally don't really need. Have a habit of keeping toot, so thought this was a cool idea.

I promise, not to shred utility/statement type things. Too many times in the past have I had to dig those out [​IMG]