1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scanning in whole picture books for use on IWB

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tasha99, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I am a great fan of scanning in a picture book so that it can be easily followed by the kids. I am in KS1 therefore usually scan in the whole book. Does anyone else do this? I particularly like inserting pages into Smart Notebook where you can scrawl on the pages. I worry that this is probably illegal! Do you think it'd be OK seeing as it is for my own use, and I'm not passing it on. I did after all buy the book in the first place! Year Two teacher.

2. What about using a visualiser, surely this could solve some of the problem and not be illegal?

3. I'll look into thanks!

4. Hi Oldsome
    A quick supplementary, if you or anybody has the time: you mention 'youtube' videos, but youtube provide the code for viewers to to embed those videos. I'm concerned that, in using some, I might be breaching intellectual or other property rights that I'm not aware of. Can you, or anyone else, clarify? I'd be grateful.

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I think you are safe if you braodcast the YouTube videos 'live' and do not electronically copy them to your PC. See Section 4E of the YouTube's Community Guidelines.

6. Thank you, Nomad, will do.