1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scaling the peaks

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jonntyboy, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Spiked, lol.

3. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Thanks for that - from the article

He is also presumably okay with anti-Semitism...(again).

Does that include that practiced by the type of person who tries to talk down the holocaust?

I know it's hard to believe but only a few weeks ago someone on TES posted that there are "rational reasons to dispute the 6 million figure",

I know some people would run away from the statement when they realised they hadn't posted it on 4Chan/ Britebart or where ever it is they usually post their true thoughts- but I'm sure the person who told us this will someday explain what the "rational reasons to dispute the 6 million figure" are and what they think the true number is.
    I expect they have a perfectly reasonable answer and that they weren't trying to belittle the 6 million killed in the holocaust at all. All we need is for them to answer the questions they have spent the last 3 weeks running away from.

ajrowing likes this.
  4. Scintillant

Really?

I know we have a few dodgy types here, but I missed that.

5. Burndenpark

ajrowing and monicabilongame like this.
  6. Scintillant

Thanks. No surprises.

He wants to discuss things openly but seems rather shy about that particular point he made.

Or perhaps he considers the 6 million to be an marked underestimate of thexrwal total. Perhaps he will exercise his free speech here and explain?

hplovegame48 and ajrowing like this.
  7. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Senior commenter

On July 22nd 2020, Jonntyboy wrote of the Front National :

[1] they do not deny the attempted extermination of Jews in Germany under Hitler: nobody sane does, though there seem to be some apparently rational reasons to dispute the 6 million figure;

I am appalled by the greasy question-begging of this post.
    • the "attempted extermination" of Jews in Germany: there were a quarter of a million Jews in Germany by 1939, following an exodus of over 300,000 of them during the six years of pre-war Nazi rule. By 1943, only 20,000 Jews remained. Tell us what happened to the 200,000 who went missing? If they were exterminated by the Nazis, then a 90%+ success rate seems like a fairly spirited attempt to me.
    • some apparently rational reasons to dispute the 6 million figure; such as the 1979 Red Cross report which documented the issue of 271,000 death certificates in 13 concentration camps, for example? In fact these death certificates were issued only after the war by the Special Registry Office for deaths which could be certified as to date, location and cause of death. Most concentration camp victims died without documentation, and many Jews were summarily killed by Einsatzgruppen without benefit of documentation.This "apparently rational" reason is simply a lie, like all the other "apparently rational" reaons put forward by professional liars like David Irving.
    You should think shame to yourself for reproducing without comment scurrilous rubbish like this.

I am not Jewish, but I am related by marriage to a European Jewish family most of which was wiped out by the Nazis, and I won't have the likes of you peeing on their graves to make a cheap political point.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  8. NoseyMatronType

NoseyMatronType Star commenter

It’s a not especially well-informed piece of writing and hardly revelatory. Farrakhan’s anti-semitism has been extensively documented in books going way back when (e.g. Rachel Storm’s In Search of Heaven on Earth published in 1991) and celebrities have been aligning themselves with the NOI for a long time, stretching back to when Muhammad Ali declared his membership of the movement (and name change) in the wake of his victory over Sonny Liston when Elijah Muhammad headed the movement.

If the author of the piece had done his homework on more recent examples of black supremacy, he might have stumbled across the spin-off movement Five Percent Nation (who have attracted considerable celebrity endorsement from well-known artists within the world of rap and hip-hop) and the very weird UFO cult the United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors a.k.a Nuwaubian Nation led by the unlikely named Dwight York (not to be confused with a certain ex-Man Ure/Villa player).

Here’s Brand Nubian - an openly Five Percent Nation band - ‘schooling’ a class on aspects of Five Percenter belief.

‘Allah’ here refers to the two arms, legs and head of a black person. It’s an assertion of black divinity.

Anyway, in the very unlikely event that someone actually wants to know more about anti-Semitic New Religious Movements, or ones that think the UFO’s will one day arrive to save us from ourselves, or those that think that black people are gods, the publications of Christopher Partridge and Michael Muhammad Knight would be the place to start. That long out-of-print book by Rachel Storm also has a good section on the NOI and Farrakhan.

Scintillant likes this.
  9. Burndenpark

Perhaps, but given the whole context it seems more likely he'd like to scale it down quite a bit. If he was only talking a few % either way- why bother saying it- I don't think any one believes there were exactly 6 million.

That said there's a long list of people who failed to understand his point, which is strange since he has said that he explains things very clearly.

ajrowing likes this.
  10. Katzenjammer

JonntyBoy's gone quiet.
    I wonder why?

ajrowing likes this.
  11. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Can you tell me what the original thread was called, where all this started please. I can't find it in order to reply to you! Cheers, JBY.

12. Burndenpark

it's in post 5 so not really that hard to find

ajrowing likes this.
  13. lunarita

lunarita Lead commenter

And another one!!!

Yet another one of those purporting-to-be-objective-and-balanced-but-really-really-not OPs from jonty!

This isn't really funny - this is how people are fooled into believing carp and often dangerous carp.

CraigCarterSmith and mothorchid like this.
  14. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Now sorted - thanks.

15. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Indeed. I'm trying to balance out the dozens of woke and anti-government ones that we get so regularly from the same group of far-left activists on here. It's good for us to read a balance of views, isn't it? That way we have a better chance of arriving at some rational and logical position ourselves. :)

16. Katzenjammer

This was the post in which you endorsed holocaust denial on the part of the Front National, and a post to which you have avoided responding. Nor will you respond now, because you can't.

On July 22nd 2020, Jonntyboy wrote of the Front National :

[1] they do not deny the attempted extermination of Jews in Germany under Hitler: nobody sane does, though there seem to be some apparently rational reasons to dispute the 6 million figure;

I am appalled by the greasy question-begging of this post.

• the "attempted extermination" of Jews in Germany: there were a quarter of a million Jews in Germany by 1939, following an exodus of over 300,000 of them during the six years of pre-war Nazi rule. By 1943, only 20,000 Jews remained. Tell us what happened to the 200,000 who went missing? If they were exterminated by the Nazis, then a 90%+ success rate seems like a fairly spirited attempt to me.
    • some apparently rational reasons to dispute the 6 million figure; such as the 1979 Red Cross report which documented the issue of 271,000 death certificates in 13 concentration camps, for example? In fact these death certificates were issued only after the war by the Special Registry Office for deaths which could be certified as to date, location and cause of death. Most concentration camp victims died without documentation, and many Jews were summarily killed by Einsatzgruppen without benefit of documentation.This "apparently rational" reason is simply a lie, like all the other "apparently rational" reaons put forward by professional liars like David Irving.
    You should think shame to yourself for reproducing without comment scurrilous rubbish like this. I am not Jewish, but I am related by marriage to a European Jewish family most of which was wiped out by the Nazis, and I won't have the likes of you peeing on their graves to make a cheap political point.

17. Burndenpark

Just for the record-

You only repeated your opinion that there's a "rational reason" to dispute the 6 million figure for the holocaust - you have yet to say what that reason is, or how much difference you think it makes to the total.

As I say on the other thread-
    There seem to be some apparently rational reasons" is not a statement of fact- it's an opinion.
    So what are these reasons to dispute the 6 million number that you descried as being "apparently rational"?

I would hate for you to think you can use bluff and bluster to slither out of the hole you have dug yourself into.

ajrowing likes this.
  18. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

I replied earlier today that I thought there was possibly an error of up to 2 million. There seem to be a number of threads where we have mentioned this - sorry if I replied to a less obvious one!

And I never bluff and bluster and certainly don't dig holes. I just state facts or opinions and if I'm proved wrong, accept it and move on.

Some advice though: have a think about the difference between the verbs "to see" and "to watch". I suspect it may become relevant to some who have been following this argument since it started... :)

19. Burndenpark

That one I've not seen- are you sure that you posted it?

Just checking- is that a total of 4 million or 8 million Jews killed in the holocaust?

Now these reasons which you describe as "rational"- care to tell us what they are?