1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Say what you want about Supply agencies but....

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by fantastischfish, Jun 24, 2015.

1. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

...mine sent me a birthday card! Doesn't take much to keep me happy ha ha!

Eva xx

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Firstly, happy birthday Eva....

I've worked for the same two agencies for almost six years and have never had a card for birthdays or Christmas.

I think your agency sounds like they know what they are doing in connection with business: it is the little details like that that make people feel good about themselves and then in turn about the agency.

3. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

What, no voucher? Times are hard.

4. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Happy birthday, Eva! So far, I have had a card from one agency thanking me for all the hard work I've done for them, (hardly true as it has not found me any, this year) and a birthday card just after Xmas from another (my birthday is in September).

5. fantastischfish

Ha ha, it's the thoughts that counts lol. My agency has also overpaid me this week - well the school has...quite a large mistake as well. Hmmm....I suppose I'd better be honest (damn!)

My birthday card arrived a few days early and I set it aside thinking it was from my aunt who always gets the dates wrong by a few days one way or the other. Nice little surprise this morning. A classy touch and a small gesture that makes a difference.

6. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Eva....you are right...it is the thought that counts.

One time one of the agencies I worked for overpaid me by quite a substantial amount by mistake. They soon realised it! Someone had obviously entered the wrong amounts into the payroll system. No chance of me having an early bonus! I would have returned it anyway.

I agree and you have put it well: a classy gesture that makes difference.

Enjoy the rest of your special day.

Pepper5

7. I do not return overpaid mistakes. They b*****ds get enough cash off me. Nice to 'rip them off' for once.

8. fantastischfish

I think it's the school's mistake though. It's a glaring error, paying me for a full week by mistake. I think they've done it because there's another supply in the department who is doing five days.

9. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

It is strange that when the boot is on the other foot, when we have worked for a school and not been paid, that the agencies are so much slower in rectifying the mistake, or even acknowledging that it exists!

10. RaggyBull

RaggyBull New commenter

I got Christmas cards from both my agencies and one sent a chocolate bar, which was a nice touch!

11. fennysnake

fennysnake New commenter

Mine sent me a bar of chocolate at Easter.